Tuesday 22 August 2017

Slackness

I have to apologise for the rubbish posting over the last couple of days. No post yesterday and most likely a short post today. Simply not good enough I know.

The reason for my slackness is that I have been fairly with some travel for work. I am currently sitting in a hotel room in Dili (capital of Timor Leste) after a solid day of travel yesterday and a solid day of doing stuff today. I would tell you what stuff, but I am not allowed too so you will simply have to use your imagination. Helicopters were involved...

Here have a pretty photo of a Dili sunrise to help you feel better.


While the days have been busy, it has also been nice to be away for a little while. There is always a simple clarity that comes with traveling for work. You are there to do one thing and all you have to think about for a couple of days is that one thing. You don't have to get too caught up with coaching, or training, or distractions at work etc.

In fact, given the news I had on Sunday concerning my heart, it has been sort of nice to get away and think about something else. It is a bit frustrating being in limbo until I get back with respect to treatment options, but I get the impression this isn't going to be a quick fix anyway. I suspect that a training break is likely and so given that it is nice to be up here and having an enforced training break anyway.

My heart has been feeling fine, but that is not surprising since I am deliberately taking it very easy. I have been thinking that I am feeling more ectopic beats, but that might just be me being hyper sensitive.

And with that I think I am about done for now. Told you it would be a short one. Probably another short post tomorrow as I will still be in Dili and then quite possibly no post on Thursday as I travel home. Back to normal on Friday so bear with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment